At the Kennington Park Academy we know that the support we get from our parents and carers is invaluable. We can really make a difference if we are all working together with the shared aim of getting the most positive outcome for each child.
There are many ways that we promote our relationship with our parents/carers:
- Sessions run by Lambeth and other agencies on aspects such as e-safety, healthy living, budgets etc.
- We always aim to support with behaviour at home and offer ideas and strategies. The staff are always willing to listen and help.
- We hold termly events and competitions
- Cooking sessions with your child
- Concerts and assemblies
Helping your child to learn:
- Parents/Carers are always welcome to join our lessons (please give us notice)
- Reading with your child in our Family Library
- Meeting with us regularly to review your child’s progress and set targets with us
- We aim to communicate with you face to face whenever possible
- We send out regular letters/texts and make phone calls
- We send out termly newsletters
- We send out detailed reports on progress three times a year
- We review reintegration regularly
Meetings with staff
Whilst we aim to deal with issues as soon as possible sometimes meetings need to be arranged. To arrange a meeting with our Headteacher, Anne Sturman or one of our Senior Leadership Team, including our SENCO please contact the school office on 020 7504 0550 and speak to one of our admin team.